We believe that communities who know their landscapes in well-grounded, evidence-based ways enhance their capacity to make decisions that are socially conscious, meaningful, and impactful in advancing progress and positive change.
The dashboard is a flexible tool that is capable of evolving in alignment with a community’s needs and interests.
The CWK, Inc. Data Dashboard™ serves:
- Community leaders
- Community organizations
- Local government agencies
- Foundations who are interested in sustainable communities
- To support knowledge-building, research, and policy-making processes related to opportunities and challenges in local neighborhoods.
- To encourage data-driven decision-making at the neighborhood level and beyond with specific awareness of the impacts and implications for residents.
The fundamental idea of Communities Who Know, Inc. is to collaborate with others to create and sustain progress and positive change from the point of view of the local community.
The CWK Data Dashboard is a user-friendly tool designed to:
- Draw quantitative and qualitative data from publicly available sources in documenting the history, conditions, issues, challenges, and achievements of specific communities;
- Offer credible resources to various users (community stakeholders, policy-makers, researchers) in support of knowledge-building and evidence-based analyses, decision-making processes, and strategic planning;
- Provide regular baseline reports (regarding specific patterns in the data annually collected) in support of community planning and development; and
- Provide basic tools for community stakeholders (and training for them on how to utilize the tools) to participate actively in their own documentation, analysis, interpretation, visualization, and story-telling projects in support of building their capacity to voice their own perspectives in more compelling ways.
Since 2011, the data dashboard has been a flexible tool capable of evolving in keeping with a community’s needs and interests. In its current form, the CWK Data Dashboard, this tool is focused on Westside neighborhoods in Atlanta, Georgia (on Neighborhood Planning Units K, L, and T). It offers resources and visualizations of data through seven basic portals:
- Community profile
- Historic timeline
- Historic data
- Workforce development
- Public safety
- Resource library
In keeping with the needs of these communities, we anticipate offering at least two additional portals: health and wellness, and transit and mobility.